Friday, December 18, 2009

It isn't ALL about computer music here at Hybernation Studio!



Just so you know, I do have a few vintage instruments (and otherwise non-computerized things) here at Hybernation Studio.

Pictured above is a 1956 Hammond M3 organ, recently acquired from my good friend and musician extraordinaire Dan Tracey. On the bench is the Ovation acoustic/electric guitar I bought just before my son was born 6 years ago.



And left over from my days on the road, above is my 1980 model Rhodes 88 Suitcase. After carrying this beast all over the country for three years, I just couldn't bear to part with it (not for a fraction of the purchase price anyway). Honestly though, nothing else sounds like a real Rhodes (or Hammond for that matter). Though I seldom use these two vintage keyboards in recordings, it's still nice to have them around to provide that "vintage vibe" to my recording space.

No comments: